Why Join a Small Group?
- Experience fellowship and develop deeper relationships with other believers.
- Offer and receive care, support, and encouragement in an intimate setting of believers.
- Grow spiritually through the discussion of God’s word and learning from one another.
- Deepen your prayer life as you pray together and for one another.
- Take church deeper as you ask questions and express curiosity in a way that regular Sunday worship doesn’t permit.
- Help the church grow by engaging in discipleship, mission work, and reaching outward to the community.
Would you like more information about why small groups are so important? Click on the links below.
Ten Reasons to Join a Small Group
Four Reasons Small Groups Are Vital to Your Church’s Health
10 Benefits of Church Small Groups
7 Reasons to Join a Small Group
Small Groups at Ghent UMC
Sunday Adult Bible Discussion
Come out and learn with us on Sundays at 9:00 am. Our weekly, in-person discussion group meets in the downstairs fellowship hall. Please enter through the parking lot door. All materials are provided and all are welcome to begin attending at any time.
Ghent Inspire Book Group
Book group is a spiritual book discussion group for readers to share their love of reading and to inspire one another. Join us one day each month at 7:30pm. All are welcome to attend the book group for discussion and fellowship, regardless of whether or not you’ve read the pre-selected book. For more information and location, click here for details or contact the church office.
Friday morning Bible Study (seasonal)
Our Bible Study is held Fridays at 10am in the church library or a member’s home. Each session runs from 6 – 8 weeks. And classes incorporate videos to help your understanding. For more information, email Debbie Bonnewell or call her at 757-870-8299.
Contact our church office for information about our current and future small group offerings or if you have an idea for a new small group.