People Providing Care for the People
A Caring Congregation
Congregational Care Team
In response to Christ’s call to love one another, Ghent United Methodist Church has created a Congregational Care model that frees the Body of Christ – the members of our congregation – to care for one another.
In times of grief, loss, illness, and isolation, we naturally turn to one another. Ghent UMC’s Congregational Care Ministries offer families and individuals the encouragement, prayer and support they need, while engaging the congregation in service and community with each other, as Jesus intended.
Those who help with Congregational Care may be asked to help with the following. We will provide training materials and ongoing resources..
- Praying for those who are sick or in the hospital, as well as prayer requests (both published in bulletin & unpublished)
- Visiting those who are homebound or recently released from the hospital
- Sending cards to those who are sick, hospitalized, or homebound
- Emergency child care (very occasionally)
- Providing transportation to those who need assistance (very occasionally)
- Providing meals that can be placed in the church freezer to give to individuals/families in crisis
- Assisting with welcoming and mentoring guests and new members
Please contact Pastor Melody at 757-622-2843 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A Biblical Basis
For this is the message you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another… We know love by this: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us – and we ought to lay down our lives for one another… Dear children, let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.” ~ John 3:11,16,18
“But God has put the body together…so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.” ~1 Corinthians 12:25-26
To submit your prayer request, fill in the form below. Please be certain to indicate whether you would like your name printed in the bulletin, so that other members of the church can pray for you. If you elect not to have your name printed in the bulletin, your prayer request will be shared with Pastor Melody and the Congregational Care Team only.